Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Pocket Full of Sunshine

If you were to borrow any one of my coats or jackets, you would no doubt find a pretty piece of sea glass in the pocket.


Today was a pretty day for a quick pass on the shore, on our way back from our walk. Most of our snow has melted and we have somehow managed to miss the last 2 storms that have taken their toll our our more southern coastal neighbors.

You can actually see two sets of footprints where Henri and I made our way along this small stretch of shore.



In a matter of minutes, this is what I found and tucked into my pocket. It's almost like they were a line of bread crumbs leading me back to the car. Sunny days are perfect for finding sea glass.





Here's what I did with the wire wrapped glass you see in the first picture. I added it to our bedroom chandelier.



Along with a few glass pendants.





It's just a simple thing that I enjoyed doing.





Would you like a pocket full of sunshine to play with too?




Leave me a comment or become a new follower and I will randomly pick someone on St. Valentines Day to receive these 16 pieces of sea glass I randomly found right here in Sorrento, Maine. They include the 8, that I just found today. Also, please make sure you leave your contact information in case your name is selected.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty-I'd love to win the glass!

Smiles,
Lisa

Low Tide High Style said...

Really pretty Lili and they would look great added to my collection! I've don't have any from Maine!

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a pretty thing to call the sea glass - a pocket full of sunshine. I saw a clear ginger jar lamp full of sea glass one time - it was tremendous.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love the seaglass..., and the wire wrapping. I want to keep some in my pockets too! I rarely find seaglass around here, and would love to win these Maine beauties!!

Ange said...

Lili - if you take any one of my jackets, or even my jeans - anything which has pockets in fact, you can find bits of stone, polished glass, shells seeds ... I too would love to win the glass. How beautiful!

R. Molder said...

oooooooooooooooooohhhhh pick me pick me!!!!

rubberbacon@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

These "pieces of sunshines" are absolutely stunning! I'd love to bring some of your East Coast sunshine to the West!

Unknown said...

You have an eye for beautiful things of nature....I too love all things coastal.

Ashley L. said...

Those are so pretty and love the projectyou did.

Watergirl WA said...

I have been finding wounderful sea glass on our local beach and Im looking for projects. Thank you for the pics of your wrapped glass. Im hoping to fashion a wind chime.


Unknown said...

What beautiful projects. I have a small collection and am so inspired by your creations. Thank you for sharing. If you still are sharing your pieces, I'd love to win even 1 piece from your area. Sunshine smiles. Patti Gallagher 180 W. FOREST DR. COVINGTON, Ga 30016.