Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What She Said

"She" being the lovely Elenka at Downeast Doing Stuff who wrote a post today about her very first cookbook, which just happened to be the exact same one that was my first cookbook too.



I immediately went to find mine, that I remember my parents had bought me in 1964, the same year we moved to the midwest from Maine. When I opened it up, a little booklet fell out that I had all but forgotten about.



Thankfully, I've learned to spell a little better since then.



I know my Dad must have been the "chef" behind the recipes, as my little booklet contained 7 different ideas and this was so like what we used to have fun cooking up together.



As I began supper tonight, I thought about what I always loved about that Betty Crocker cookbook.



It was because it had lots of photos in color to show you what the food was supposed to look like.




No wonder I like taking pictures of what I cook! And a big thank you to Elenka who helped inspire my trip down memory lane.

6 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

I used that same cookbook in home economics (now that term shows my age doesn't it?!) back in middle school in the late 70's! We made some pretty yummy stuff as I recall from that little book! And how wonderful that you found your bird recipe book that brings back such wonderful memories of your dad!

Kat :)

Unknown said...

Well how priceless that your little cookbook, written in your own hand many years ago, would suddenly appear! A nice surprise I have no doubt!!!

:) T

Elenka said...

What a treasure you found! Did you go out and make some bird food??
You're welcome for inspiring you to find your little book. I can't believe how many people have that book. Looks like you're a very good cook!!

Annie Pazoo said...

Too funny - I have that same book, too. I remember and love the illustrations so well. It had been used by my older brother and sister before it made it's way to me.

Found your blog today via Kat at Low Tide High Style :-)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What wonderful memories - and I do love the spelling. Your little cookbook is a treasure of memories.

Now I need to get out the "suwit" and make some bird treats.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...sweet...sweet...sweet...i love your little cook book...how precious is that!!! xo, mickey