Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Fun Saturday At Home

I made some more Ebelskivers today, only this time I made a combination of savory ones as well as some dessert ones. In the dessert ones, I just made a few blueberry, a few strawberry and some chocolate ones too. I had a little assembly line going and was able to keep them hot in a 200 degree heated oven until they were all done.




Here are the savory ones made with tomato and basil feta cheese. We had help eating them as we had our good friends Diane and Danny over.


Diane made some more pieces of pottery tonight and she gave me a wonderful idea. Our tools were previously scattered all over the place nearby the potter's wheel and I was telling her I always have a hard time finding the right tool when I need it. She just quietly asked me if maybe I could find some raku pots around to store them in. Doh! Why is it I always need help to think of the obvious? Thanks Diane, after you left tonight I got right to it!



Still covered in clay, but I feel more organized already. And when Henri saw what I had done, he looked at me like I was a genius. So I feel better that he hadn't even thought to do this before either. (And yes, I admitted to him that it was Diane's idea.)



Also, I found a place to store our rings when we throw. See the little branch on the birdie there?




And here are some pots fresh from the wheel.




Now that we're a little more organized, I'm feeling more productive already!

7 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh I've always wanted to try making those, they look so yummy!

And what a great idea for storing all of your tools! Pretty and practical!

Kat :)

vanilla143 said...

I love the look of your unfired pots! And how fun to get organized with the finished product.

Barry said...

So the cobbler's children have no shoes and the potters can't figure out what to store their tools in? Hehe! Glad you guys weathered the storm, stay cozy. Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog!

Elenka said...

I've thrown pots before, taking classes and such, and I know it is not as easy as it looks. I also know that practice makes perfect. I love working with clay, but I do mostly handbuilding, and mostly at school with the kids. You have such an awesome job. There's nothing like clay.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ummmmmmmm those look good. I've been looking for a pan (at thrift stores of course) and haven't found one yet - but I will.

Your organizing is great - I love to organize things. And that little ring holder is so clever.

jennyfreckles said...

It's good how a little tidying and organising actually does seem to free space in our heads as well as on our workbenches.

I went to the coast last week - inspired by your blogs, I spent ages on the stony beach looking for sea-glass but I didn't find a single piece.

Rebecca Lewis said...

Oh I just made Ebelskivers at a friends house (We made them with apricot preserves)....I help her when needed at her bed and breakfast....They are delicious and oh so easy to make!
Love the sound of Savory ones ~ Off to post about the vase! Rebecca