Friday, February 5, 2010

Simplify Is My New Mantra

Today I decided to completely clear the space that I blog from of any unnecessary clutter. Gone is my bulky 3 in 1 printer, scanner, fax and in it's place there is a lamp. I have a favorite painting on the wall in front of me and a comfortable chair for me and also one for someone who may want to sit and chat.






No more tangles of cords either. I had my land phone disconnected and we will now rely solely on our cell phone. I may eventually miss my printer, but for now the plan is to hand write anything I wish to keep a copy of.






Although I've been using this table for my desk for a while now, I still enjoy looking at the chippy paint worn away from it's lovely hand painted scene.





Here's a closeup of the brass embellishment used to help protect the leg corners.




The painting above my desk is a pastoral scene with a young Dutch girl walking along a path.





My lamp shade is old beer bottle sea glass, that I strung with wire on a lamp base I found on clearance a few years ago.




It feels much better already, but will I miss my printer? Only time will tell.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I have truly thought about getting rid of our land line too. We finally have Verizon and get great reception. I hate Fair Point with a passion. They are expensive and have poor service. I still think I need my printer. I want my printer. I love my printer. Besides, it has better handwriting than I do.;)
Kelly

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh I doubt you'll miss your printer with that lovely set up! I love the seaglass lampshade and the fabric on your chair. And of course that beautiful desk, so pretty!

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I like it a lot. My space definitely needs clearing - printer, scanner, external drive, sewing machine, two big plastic boxes of thread, carousel for pens/pencils, scissors, 5 pincushions (I can't help it - I love pincushions), camera and assorted things that I need to get through my day - my wall is serene - just a lovely scenic calendar, changing pictures is nice.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Clapping for you! I live by keep it simple. Lastnight I was shopping with a client, I must have told her that 4 times...lol She keep going for the fussy stuff, I kept pulling her in.

Tish Jett said...

What lovely, lovely things you have.

You are so right about simplifying. Since you're a Virgo, like my daughter, you should be very good at the task.

I'm jealous. I try and succeed in baby steps, then I realize how liberating it is and continue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lili, Love your desk. It's beautiful, the detail. I would be lost without my printer, that's got to be tough. Thanks for the information regarding Etsy. I'll definitely add that button to my blog. Blogging has really open my computer skills. I find if you try hard enough you'll figure it out,frustrating sometimes. Blog world certainly gives you inspiration. It's been lot of fun and interesting. Talk to you soon, Sandy :O)

Elenka said...

yeah, I think you will miss your printer.....