Friday, February 26, 2010

Sharing Secrets

Sorrento is a tiny peninsula in Downeast Maine with a year round population of just under 300 people. If I wasn't in love with this place already, this 152 page book written in 1995 by a former resident would have sealed the deal for me.


The crab on the cover of that book isn't really part of the picture. It's a crab pin that Henri bought for me a few years ago just out of the blue as a surprise. I've come to associate it with my Dad because he was a Cancer, so I always think of him when I wear it.



This is my favorite purse ever, that my friend Diane just gave me one day out of the clear blue. (And I even make purses.)



These are my favorite two bracelets. I found the pink one on a beach and the aqua one was under $10, but I would have paid more for it, just because it was aqua.



When I bought this pin, I didn't even realize it was a bee, so now when I wear it, it's another piece of jewelry that makes me think of my Dad, because he was a Seabee.





This is the secret compartment I keep my crab pin in.




So what about you? Do you have any little secrets too?


3 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Wow, so many pretty things. I love your crab and bee pins and how they remind you of your father. And what a nice friend to give you such a beautiful purse!

As for secrets...I can't tell you or they won't be secrets anymore right?! ;-)

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Secrets - do we have to tell them? Ok - so long as no one is listening. I have a secret compartment in the bottom of the musical jewelry box that my youngest brother gave me for christmas when I was 16 and he was 15 - a very thoughtful gift. I keep a photo of Don in the secret compartment, and a plastic "diamond" ring that he gave me when we became secretly engaged (my parents would have had a FIT - I was still in high school). Now sometimes I get the photo and the ring out and remember special memories through our 46 years together.

Your memories and jewelry are fabulous - can't really pick a favorite - but that aqua bracelet is wonderful.

Lili said...

Kat, It doesn't have to be a big secret, plus I won't tell anyone! :)
Jo, Oh my goodness, now that is a WONDERFUL secret about how you were secretly engaged! Oh I love that sooo much, especially given your 46 years together. That is so very touching about still keeping the photo of Don and the ring there and getting it out every once in a while. Thank you so much for sharing!