Saturday, February 6, 2010

Edgy Crochet

I love to knit, but learning how to crochet has always seemed to allude me. So today, I thought I would give it another try.



I found some instructions and patterns for making an edge on a tea towel. I gave up trying to follow the pattern because I didn't understand the instructions. What I ended up with, does not match the image of the pattern I was trying to follow, but it looked lacy enough, so I just went with it.


I hand stitched it to the bottom edge of the tea towel, but it looked a little too plain when I was finished.




I thought of adding some ribbons, but then I remembered my stash of fabrics. I love this pretty toile fabric complete with swans.



But then I decided it still needed a little something .



There, that looks about right. No?

2 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Oooh, you should put some of those on your Etsy site! That is beautiful!

I haven't forgotten about sending you the questions either, I will try to do that by Monday!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Very nice - and I like the fabric added. Usually I've heard that someone learns to crochet first and then has trouble learning to knit.

There are instructions online with illustrations to show how to do the various stitches if you are interested - or perhaps you'd like to just continue with your pretty freehand lace. Enjoy.