Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Throwing Pots

Here's a few shots of Henri throwing some pots today. This is a lump of clay he started out with and already has it centered.


This is what it looks like after he hollows out the center. He wears latex gloves when he throws because there are groggy bits in the clay that are very abrasive on the skin.



Here he is drawing up the sides.



He has finished shaping the pot and is finishing up the rim.



Here are some of the pots he threw today. Tomorrow he will turn the pots over and finish up the bottoms.



These are some pots that have been bisque fired, glazed and are ready for the final raku fire.



It was nice to have him keep me company today while I was continuing to work on our studio redo.

3 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the finished products! He makes it all look so easy, but I would end up with a pile of mushy clay I'm sure!

I had to giggle at the bottles of champagne next to the bisque fired pots...is that his inspiration?!

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice pots - and nice to have company. What did you do today?

Lili said...

Kat, My motto is...where there is wine (or champagne) there is art...and I share with anyone who visits!

JoAnn, What did I do? Why I took the pictures, doncha know! LOL!