Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Progress In Our Basement Studio Redo


Here's a 'before' shot of one wall of our basement where our utility sink and a dehumidifier reside. Notice the lovely black drain near the floor, but hey, it's a basement! There's also a mirror there on the wall, that was covered in birch bark and moss that has seen much better days.





The 'after' shot of the same space. Although, I still need to paint the floor, I found a solution to cover the plumbing.






The pair of gold painted, wooden candleholders were just 50 cents from Goodwill.





And this sweet little towel rack with 3 hooks that was a recent Christmas present.





The mirror is now adorned with sea shells. And . . . mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the worst mirror photographer of all?





So far, I'm very pleased with the new look. And using just what I already have on hand, this little corner came to a grand total of 50 cents!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, love it! My basement has like rock walls, like stacked rock, like rocks that mice and snakes like to crawl into and stare at me on. Shudder. You have a medieval castle theme, I have a serial killer's dungeon theme--I just don't see that style catching on.

Smiles,
Lisa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

It is coming along nicely - love the photograph of the mirror.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...all i can say is awesome...what a transformation. i need a studio...if you could see my poor dining room!:) xo, mickey

Queenie said...

your constant creativity amazes me!