Sunday, January 17, 2010

Floored


During last evening's walk I was excitedly talking about how when we got back home, I would be ready to apply the crowning touch to some paint that was finally dry, down in our basement studio.





The night before, I had taped off this section of the basement floor.







And using this color . . .




I had painted it to resemble an area rug.





And when it dried, I would give my area rug, a painted on pattern, using a stencil and some of this.



So anyway, almost back from our walk, I mentioned to Henri that the floor paint should be plenty dry for me to finally begin painting on my fleur-de-lis pattern.



So when we arrived home, I headed down to the basement to begin painting.




And a little while later when I had finished and gone back upstairs, Henri took a break from watching football and decided to check out my work down in the basement.




It was then, that I realized Henri had no idea what a fleur-de-lis was.



Because when he came back up from the basement he looked at me in true amazement, and said, "You know that symbol that you painted all over the floor down there . . . did you know it's the same symbol the Saints have on their helmets??!!"

4 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...awesome idea...and we learn something new everyday! go saints!xo, mickey

Low Tide High Style said...

Cute story! I love your new "rug" it's perfect and you did such a great job, I would have had smudges all over I'm sure!! Love the pictures from Maine as well!

Kat :)

Lisa said...

Aww cute. Is it weird that I want to hang out in your basement?

Smiles,
Lisa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I think it is a lovely rug - and a funny story.

When we moved from Wisconsin (where we had gone to Chicago to see baseball games) to CA a zillion years ago - when our son was 2 - we were driving around and saw a CA state flag with the bear on it - and our son said - "Look daddy, a Chicago Cubs flag."