Sunday, January 31, 2010

Art Happens Part Deux

A few of you mentioned you would like to see updates on the ice sculpture that forms from the water spraying out of the pipes that our water company leaves open in the winter. To view the original post click here.



The spray has now frozen onto a few small branches.






The way the ice has formed around these branches reminds me of a piece of coral.


This one is like pure white puffs of cotton.





Illuminated by the sun, it's almost as if it has been lit from within.




It has a majestic quality about it.



Much like imagining the ascension of an angel.

6 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Very cool, thanks for posting more pictures, it really is something so simple, yet so stunning!

Kat :)

Widge said...

I totally see that!! AMAZING

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Thanks for the update - it is amazing.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Very pretty. I am so ready for spring... my husband is shoveling the snow off the driveway as I type...

Brabourne Farm said...

Wow - these images are beautiful and amazing! Leigh

Unknown said...

OMG it's gorgeous! Who knew ice could be so beautiful?!!!

:) T