Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes We Eat Healthy


Believe it or not, one of my favorite kitchen tools is my rice cooker.




As long as I have cooked rice, I can find something in the veggie bin to make up a batch of fried rice for a quick lunch.





Today, it was freshly grated ginger, garlic, carrots and zuchinni that got a quick saute in olive oil.






Then I added the rice and an egg that will get scrambled into the mix.





After a few more spices and some stir fry sauce, it gets plated up with a clementine and a few slices of kiwi.




And I always top off the fried rice with a handful of heart healthy mixed nuts. And 4 tiny cubes of 50% light Cabot cheddar cheese.


Cake has not been on the menu for us yet this year and so far we seem to be okay with it. Seem to be, so far.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Yummy! Although cake would taste good - but we have avoided it for over a year now, with only one apple/zuchinni cake (no frosting, but then I don't like frosting anyway so I don't care).