Monday, January 18, 2010

Name That Snack

It snowed all day long today.

I had a craving for something sweet, and had remembered a no bake snack that had butterscotch morsels that you melt down with peanut butter. But what were they called?



So I searched everywhere for a recipe for a no bake snack that you added chinese noodles to. Were they called bird nests?






Then, when they were finished, I remembered what they were called.






Haystacks!




Bird nests are made with chocolate and have a nest shape to hold jelly beans that look like eggs.



Why of course. Haystacks. It seems so obvious to me now.

4 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Yum! You need to send me the recipe, I've never made those but they look delicious.

Kat :)

Lili said...

Kat, Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/262/Haystacks7181.shtml

Except I used the wider noodles and I didn't add marshmallows. (And, they are disappearing fast here!)

Anonymous said...

Cool post you got here. I'd like to read more about that matter. Thank you for sharing this material.
Joan Stepsen
High tech gadgets

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I love those cookies, I think some of the best are the no-bake types. I love a no-bake fruit cake!
Yes, you are right, it's stone! I am going to have my honey lay a stone wall in my foyer... I can't wait.