Saturday, January 9, 2010

Silver Lining

Lately, I have been noticing a lot of mercury glass showing up in magazines and shows on interior design, and I wondered if I could recreate the look using silver leaf to line the inside of glass.




I found this apothecary jar that was missing a lid and knew it would make the perfect test subject for my experiment.


In a matter of minutes, I had something that looked a lot like a piece of aged mercury glass. And I was even able to find a small glass to use as a lid.



Why is it so hard for me to photograph shiny objects?



Anyway, yesterday's sunrise out my window.



Doesn't get any more silver lined than that for me.


4 comments:

Fabulously French said...

I agree with the fact that mecury glass is hard to photograph as is anything shiny.

Love the photo of the sunrise - magnificent!

A bientot,

Leeann x

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Fabulous new "mercury" glass - you are so very clever.

Wonderful sunrise.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

wonderful and looks so easy too. I also wanted to say how much I loved your handbags. If I was not so poor right now, I would take that blue one right off your hands... lol Thanks for visiting.

Low Tide High Style said...

I love the "mercury" glass jar you made! With beautiful sunrises like that, I can see why you're inspired to create so many lovely pieces!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Kat :)