Friday, January 29, 2010

Angels Among Us

I dreamt of my Grammie last night. In my dream she walked into the room and when I realized it was her, my eyes were able to focus in so clearly on her smiling face, and all at once, I felt surrounded by her love.




She passed over in October of 1982. Just a few months before I met and married Henri. It was right around that time that I started collecting cherubs. This is one that Henri and our daughters surprised me with one year. It is my favorite.









I didn't know it at the time, but my Grammie collected cherubs too.







It just happened to come up in conversation one day as I was talking to my Mom.







My Grammie lived in Maine all her life.





Her name was Mayfair.






And I think in my dream she was smiling at me






because







she is very happy





that I finally made it back home to Maine.

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh that is so touching - what a gift you have received from your Grammie in your dream.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

such a beautiful post. Back in 96 I was going through a hard time and for the first time started dreaming about my grandma, I really believe she was coming to visit me... thanks for the reminder.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Beautiful story. Precious memories♥

Elenka said...

Lovely story......