Sunday, January 3, 2010

Shabby Art Perfect For Tea Time

Using up some of my toile fabric and stencils I had an idea to make some wall art.


Trying to decide what to use for contrast, I pulled out this shabby pink fabric with names of exotic teas written in gold script, that I had all but forgotten about.


Zigzag is the only fancy stitch my sewing machine will do. Good thing I'm going for shabby.



I just love these scissors.




And, I like the way the reverse side of the toile adds another shabby dimension to the focal point.



The finished piece is mounted on an old masonite white board. I just used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the back of the board.



At project finish, it was time for a cup of tea.


Shabby Art from scraps I already had on hand.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so sweet. Very french chic.

Smiles,
Lisa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Quite clever - and the tea just sets it off.