Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hi My Name Is Lili, And I'm A Cake-oholic

How else would you explain why I couldn't resist another cake pedestal? Actually, I found it at GW for only $3.00, it's heavy, and there was a label that read "Schott - Germany". It looks hand made and has a wavy gold rim.

And at the same time, I found this tiny pedestal topper that I paired with a dessert plate I already had. How could I pass it up for 99 cents?



And this? Yep, new too. But it was a Christmas gift. Someone is aware of my problem.


Oh, and what goes great with cake (besides champagne)? Black coffee. And for $1.50, you know I had to bring this silver plated carafe home with me.




But this, really, I had not planned on quite so soon this year.


Cake. Taken out of the oven at 9:00 this evening and eaten way before it was cooled off.

3 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Wow Lili, great finds and what a bargain! That cake looks so yummy...enjoy!

Dear Lillie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I too am addicted to cake stands and love the little toppers! I love that one you got for 99 cents! I am so jealous - I saw one today that I wanted so badly but it was $27 - yuck! Your cake looks divine - I can't ever wait for it to cool either - whoops! =)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice cake - oh I mean nice cake stands. I got one for christmas too - but haven't put a cake in it. So far it has had cookies, fresh raisin bread and a paper cutout of Curious George in it.