Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January Thaw Color Cravings

This time of year finds me out in our backyard looking for a little color to stash in our empty glass wall vases. This may be a bit challenging though, in our snow covered landscape.



Even my watering can is a welcome burst of color against the backdrop of melting snow.


Ahhhh . . . now we're talking! But, moss covered boulders are a little too heavy to carry inside.



But not so with these lichen covered branches!



And no water needed.



A few sprays of evergreen branches and a couple red twigs later




when paired with my 3 lovely dried hydrangeas, it suddenly becomes a feast for my eyes!



Mission accomplished and craving satisfied. Life is good in a Northern town.

9 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Very pretty! I was just looking at my sad empty wall vase today and thinking I needed to put something in it! Tomorrow I'll do a little foraging of my own!

Kat :)

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

What a beautiful blog to come across. Love the photographs and you are such a very talented and gifted lady. Gorgeous location sigh.... Thank you for sharing. Linda

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

My vases are full of green this time of year - I'd love to share with you. WA is so green in the winter - its all that rain of course. Our lawns are often brown and dry in the summer - but in the winter - the brightest green you've ever seen. At least this year (warmest January in WA history) we are not green and white.

We are so surrounded by green that it is considered a neutral here, by quilters - a good background color. :-)

I love you vase of color!!

Rhondi said...

That is a perfect touch of nature on a winter's day. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving comment, so I could come and visit you too!
Hugs, Rhondi

Tish Jett said...

Lucky me to have found you. I've always had a love affair with Maine.

Your blog is charming and welcoming and warm and irresistible.

Yes, it is important to pack up and go. Believe me I know.

Warm regards,
Tish

Ange said...

Love that watering can - specially for it's beautiful blue hues. I have some of those branches over here too. Thanks for dropping by my blog Lili (you share your name with my daughter). Ange

Lili said...

Linda - Gold Coast, Thanks for visiting! I see you don't have a blog yet for me to visit. Thank you for your compliments!

Brabourne Farm said...

I love all these gorgeous images - your watering can is beautiful! Leigh

Country Girl said...

Ah, song lyrics. A woman after my own heart.