Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Basement Studio Progress

Here's a 'before' shot of the kiln and shelf area of our basement studio.

And here's what it looks like now!



I brought our little french bistro set into the area. I have a feeling it will now get much more use than where it was before. I still have to remove the blue painter's tape on the floor after I decide on a color for an accent stripe. I ended up painting the floor a chocolate brown color to complement my lighter "area rug" color that I embellished with gold fleur-de-lis.




I thought a little green would add a nice touch to the area since it's the basement. But only one of them is alive.


Can you tell?





Take a look at this sconce I just found at GW.





And look how much atmosphere it brings to the space when it is lit!


Oh, and I was lucky to find a pair of them, and have plans for the other one too. It will be located in the last little space I have left to finish. Is there any doubt how much fun I'm having in here already?!

3 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

It looks wonderful! I love the floor and the bistro set is perfect!

Kat :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

This is fun - it is turning out so neat. Love the sconce.

jennyfreckles said...

What a beautiful place you live in - and what a lovely space you've created there. My first visit to your blog. I'll come again.