Thursday, December 31, 2009

Once In A Blue Moon

A hot cup of cocoa hits the spot on a cold, snowy evening. But tonight I took it one step further and made a batch of billowy marshmallows for our New Year's Eve cocoa, using this recipe.


Dusted with powdered sugar they look as pure as the driven snow falling right outside our window.



Who says you must drink cocoa from a cup?



It's half the fun of enjoying a quiet night at home together.




A celebration of New Year's Eve.





Where we may be fast asleep long before midnight.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Lili,

Your blog is making me FAT!!

Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

Can you please post your recipe for the homemade marshmallows? I have never had them home made and I think my granddaughter would love to make them too. Thanks. Happy New Year.
Kelly

Kelly said...

Im a bit slow, I just found the recipe. Thank you so much.
Kelly

Can I remove the other post so I don't look so slow? LOL.

Lili said...

Kelly, Glad you found the recipe . . . even before I got around to highlighting the link to it! [wink] Happy New Year to you dear!

Dear Lillie said...

Happy New Year to you too! And WOW, the hot cocoa and marshmellows look divine as well as delicious! I want some!

Fabulously French said...

Happy new year, I adore marshmallows...

Leeann x

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely cups of hot cocoa. Happy new year!!!