Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Table Setting For A Snowy Day

The snowy scene on these plates makes them perfect for using this time of year.





How lucky I was to score 10 of these at a flea market years ago.





The pattern on the back reads "The Old Grist Mill"






The rusty little bird figurine is heavy enough to hold down the table runner during a blizzard.





A blizzard just like we are having today.





See the beaded shade that fits over a tealight candle holder? I just found that at Goodwill last week.







The stemware was a T. J. Maxx find several years ago.


As was the table runner, that fits in well with my newly painted dining room set.



My funky cobalt blue glasses are fun to use with the plates.

After playing around with my place settings, I decided to go ahead and distress my newly painted table. This is the before.

I will show the after in another post.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhh wonderful table setting. Hope the blizzard isn't too bad.

I love the photo of the tundra swan - we have hundreds, perhaps thousands, that winter near here. We often drive 40 or 50 miles round trip to see and hear them - they are spectacular.

Kelly said...

What a beautiful table setting. My grandmother had that same set when I was a child. I think it makes that antique and worth a lot more now. Keep warm and toasty, we are expecting alot more this week. Happy New Year.
Kelly