Friday, December 11, 2009

Gathering Natural Winter Decor

Our backyard is a plentiful source of greens and berries that give my faded flower boxes a shot of winter color. Once it gets cold enough, everything will freeze right into place and it will stay this way all winter.


A simple velvet ribbon will provide a cheery sight as the snow starts to pile up.




In my entry way area, which is commonly referred to as a mud room here in Maine, I have a spray of snow capped garland that will stay all season long as well. The garland tops an old window pane that I converted a few years ago to a mirror, using a special paint that is added to the reverse side of the glass.



A sea urchin and sea shell I mounted on a piece of driftwood, serve as natural ornaments.

Mother Nature sure makes it easy on the pocketbook this time of year.

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Such lovely decorations - I love what nature gives us.