Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eavesdropping

SHE: "What do you feel like for dinner tonight, dear?"




HIM: "Oh, I don't care . . . what do you think?" SHE: "Well, I'm kind of burnt-out on mackerel, how about some lobster?"





HE: "Lobster? Ho-ly Christmas! I almost feel guilty helping myself to lobster again!"






HIM: "Well, alright then . . . I'll bring us back a hard shell . . . if you promise to crack it open this time."





SHE: "Wait . . . I changed my mind . . . bring me back a soft shell . . ."



EAVESDROPPER: Overhead today on Ocean Avenue in Sorrento, Maine, just steps away from this place . . . on a low hanging branch, overlooking the open air pound where the lobsters are kept.




Being able to witness the pair at such close range during our walk, made the day feel pretty special. What an amazing sight!

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Amazing sight - amazing conversation. :-)

Elenka said...

OMG, that is soooooo funny.
They speak pretty good English!

Queenie said...

How amazing....lucky for you! All I seem to attract in my yard lately are squawking, noisy ravens.!

twobusy said...

I wonder if they were related to the one I saw this afternoon in Sullivan :).