Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decking My Downeast Halls

The mantel in our bedroom is just that....a freestanding mantel set against an outside wall. No fireplace, no wood stove, no flames in sight, yet it adds a cozy atmosphere to our room. This year, for the first time, I gave it a touch of Christmas.

Some faux garland and a strand of white lights keeps it simple.
Oh, and maybe just a few glass pendants from an old chandelier.

I wonder why it took me so long to think to add a little Christmas in here.



I became obsessed with these lobster lights the first time I laid eyes on them during a Yankee Swap Christmas party we attended a few years ago.



Ever since then, I have looked forward to lighting them up each December, to celebrate once again spending Christmas on the Coast of Maine.




And who needs ornaments on the tree when your lights look like this?

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh - what a nice atmosphere those lights add on the mantle. And the lobster lights - who would have thought they make those. Cute!!

Fabulously French said...

I agree, the lights and the crystals look fabulous - very magical!

Leeann