Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Waking Up My Tired Dining Room Set


This post involves painting over wood furniture, just in case you're a little squeamish about that.





Besides paint, I used paraffin wax and also a paste wax (for cars) that I borrowed from Henri.






Before beginning to paint, I used the paraffin wax to rub on the areas where I wanted the paint to wear off naturally.



I decided not to paint the top of the table though, once I saw the nice contrast the natural wood gave to the painted surface.








I think the creme colored paint did wonders for the chairs.





Originally, I was going to change out the upholstery, but decided I like it with the new paint job.





I applied paste wax over the entire painted surface for several hours before buffing it out. I decided not to distress the paint finish quite yet. I want to live with it for a while.





Plus, my calendar shows there are only 3 days left before Christmas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning that theme. The only thing it would also be great to see here is some pics of any gadgets.

Kate Karver
phone signal scrambler