Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Finery


I added some evergreen branches to my window boxes in anticipation of our first snow. This morning I expected to finally say goodbye to my petunias . . . instead they appeared quite content cloaked in their winter finery.








Even my garden chairs seemed to welcome winter with their outstretched arms.





An evergreen tree on our lawn lets us know that strands of white lights are no match for nature's decor.





Out on our late afternoon walk, showy displays continued to abound.



Especially from this spot in the village.


Watching this evening's sunset, it's obvious that even our Village Green prefers to wear White.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Amazing snow photos!

Elenka said...

Absolutely stunning photos. Good thing snow is so pretty. Softens the edginess I feel when the dang stuff starts to accumulate.