Saturday, December 26, 2009

Time Warp



Out on our walk today I found myself imagining what Sorrento looked like 100 years ago. Fortunately my new camera helped me envision it as I shot a few pictures in sepia. This is our public library that is open only in the summer months of July and August.


This is one of the summer cottages that has seen better days.

The scene as we walk along Ocean Avenue



A couple more cottages along Ocean Avenue.



I shot this one in color at the end of our walk. A welcome sight on this otherwise grey winter day.





For comparison, here's one I took on a sunny winter day here in Sorrento.


Whether in sepia or color, I love that it's hard to tell the past from the present while walking around our village in Winter.

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely village - and lovely photos.

Elenka said...

Those are some cottages!!! Love your new profile photo.

Kelly said...

I agree with you on that. I love to visit cemetaries and see history first hand. Strange but fun.
Kelly

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

thanks for visiting and if you decide to re-do that cabinet of yours, be sure to let me see it!