Tuesday, December 15, 2009

With A Verse From My Favorite Poem

Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening

W
hose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

-Robert Frost

A few years ago I embroidered a throw with a verse appropriate for this time of year, to display at the foot of the bed in our guest bedroom.




I just used a pen to write out the verse directly on the throw.



And then, I hand stitched over the ink using a darker colored embroidery thread.



The throw I used was a Martha Stewart fleece throw in a neutral color that already had a nice edging to it.



I decided to make another one this year that is perfect to curl up on the recliner with.


Except this year, I just used a Sharpie!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love that poem too, a long ago time of tranquility. What a unique idea, puting it on your throws, so you can remind yourself to slow down and enjoy the cozy winter months.