Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Carmen Miranda Pomanders


I spiced up a lemon, a lime and 2 clementines with whole cloves to give my kitchen a nice holiday scent.






A wooden skewer holds them upright.





And a garnish of cranberries tops it off.





Before it was all said and done, this bag of Maine cranberries ended up on a styrofoam cone.






In no time, I had a topiary in the shape of a Christmas tree.







With a dusting of glitter, I sat it atop a glass candle holder.






With a round of glass pendants hanging off the rim, I am now able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.




And I promise not to wear any of it on my head at Christmas.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE the cranberry tree. And I, for one, think it would look just lovely on your head.

Smiles,
Lisa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh - I think you SHOULD wear some of it on your head - and take pictures.

Your christmas is so much fun!!!!