Saturday, July 18, 2009

Basil From My Garden

Started from seed and now ready to harvest, another ingredient from my first ever garden that I get to sample.
I believe this was the freshest and most wonderful basil I have ever tasted.

Along with the pizza dough and Cabot cheese, some other store bought ingredients that I used were extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, sea salt, garlic and cherry tomatoes.

Baked on a pizza stone for 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven, it filled my kitchen with the most wonderful fragrance.

It was SO good.



Really good. Yet the next time I make it, I think I will add a lot more basil and tomatoes, and perhaps a touch more garlic. And if I'm real lucky, they will be the cherry tomatoes from my garden!

2 comments:

Queenie said...

You are making me so hungry!!! Love the looks of that basil - you have become quite the gardener!!!

Jessie said...

It looks delicious!! Love to see those basil of your garden... You're a good gardener...