Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Night Stained Glass Class

Tonight I went to a beginner's 2 hour stained glass class in the nearby town of Ellsworth.

It's located in the same building as the Riverside Cafe.


This is the tool I learned how to use tonight. A glass cutter.



And with a quick demonstration of the 3 main types of glass cuts, we were free to begin our project.



There were plenty of templates to choose from and the teacher said we were free to make up our own too.



Which is what I ended up doing after I saw some of the intricate patterns in the book.



I also ended up choosing just one glass to work with because it reminded me of old church window glass. Plus I was excited to begin cutting!




Thank goodness it doesn't have to be precise.



Our teacher said the next steps will be very forgiving.
I'm thinking, I will like this, very much!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Very pretty.

Low Tide High Style said...

Very cool and I love the color of the glass you chose! I re-sent you the email, so let me know if you don't get it for some reason!

Kat :)