Friday, February 12, 2010

A Day of Ice Fishing in Acadia


We were the first to arrive at Eagle Lake in Acadia National Park this morning to begin a day of ice fishing. This was our first trip of the season. We decided to forego the lure of the free fishing that begins tomorrow, remembering it is always more serene on a week day.






I must have taken several hundred pictures here today, enjoying all the subtle changes in the light as the day progressed.




But I will show restraint in my post.








Eventually we got a little hungry.











Good thing I packed us a picnic basket.









Before we left, we took a walk on the trail that circles around the lake.







Except we did not circle around the lake, because it would have been dark before we even made it half way around. But that was okay, because I got to spend the entire day here with my favorite guy in a place that I truly love.

5 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

What a great way to spend the day and I love your picnic basket! I bet you had a yummy fish dinner too!

Kat :)

Elenka said...

I've never 'met' an ice fisherman before! The allure still evades me, but it looks like you guys enjoyed it immensely.

Fabulously French said...

Wow Lili the photos are fabulous and not a tourist in sight :-)

I loved your picnic basket, we also love going on picnics.

Bon weekend,

Leeann x

Ange said...

Wow that looks like amazing fun. I would love to go ice fishing. From your photos I could almost imagine you alone at the North pole ...untill the photo with the trees ;-) Oh you have got me dreaming today...

Low Tide High Style said...

Lili, check your spam folder I sent you another email.

Kat :)