Monday, October 12, 2009

Never Enough Time

Our first frost precipitated our last of the garden harvest. It sure was a short season for my first garden.
By this afternoon, my favorite pie plate sat empty until I remembered the wild Maine blueberries I still had in the freezer.

All dotted with butter, ready for the top crust and then into the oven it goes.


Finally! Out of the oven and oozing blueberry juice from the holes in the top, it smells wonderful!



Tomorrow all the rushing around will be over, and there will be someone special sitting in this seat.




Our daughter Jennifer, son-in-law Joey, Jen's mom-in-law Cheryl, granddaughters Hillary, Grace, Ava and grandson Noah are coming for a fall visit! It's been 5 months since we last saw them and we can hardly wait!



We are picking them up at the airport tomorrow and we're so excited we probably won't be able to sleep tonight! I already feel their visit will go way too fast...ok time, you can slow down now!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What wonderful visitors - enjoy every single second of your time together.

Elenka said...

Wow, that sounds like loads of fun. I love stuff like that. Good time of year for it, too. (Altho, many leaves are almost gone off of some trees! )
Have fun.
(Love your pie dish...)