Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sorrento After Dark, A Spooky Post



In our resolve to get our walk in on a day when our schedule stretched past sunset, we headed out with flashlight in hand along Sorrento's Ocean Avenue making a loop around the downtown peninsula.  Upon reviewing the few shots that I stopped to take I noticed something a little strange.  Keep your eye on that looming dark shadow there on the left. 



And then just as we were about to pass the Sorrento Public Library (open only in the summer months of July and August), it appears I captured an eerie shadow of a shadow.

[Okay, that's really Henri, but it is rather strange looking, no?]



So, here we are winding our way back to Ocean Avenue near the site of the infamous "cocktail rocks" where a ghostly shadow of one of Sorrento's former residents has been seen.  Why is this dark looming shadow still in the picture frame on the left?  The first picture with the same shadow was taken at least a half mile away! 



Since I didn't use my flash for this one, it was completely pitch black except for a white light until I lightened up the image.   Not to worry, that's just a boat returning to the harbor this evening. 



Gosh I'm sure glad you went along on the walk with us tonight, it was kind of spooky now wasn't it?

21 comments:

Rain said...

yes-spooky-but I enjoyed it-thanks!

Julie said...

I'll say...Can we stick to those daylight walks???!!!!! yikes! but the sunset is pretty.

Low Tide High Style said...

That was kind of spooky, but beautiful too!

Kat :)

joanne said...

you won't catch me out there alone!!

Completely Coastal said...

I'm not sure if I'm seeing it..., but walking in the dark can be kind of spooky with or without shadows.

Privet and Holly said...

Loved enjoying
your walk with the
pretty music...very
atmospheric! And,
I think I can learn
a thing or two about
taking great photos
from YOU, Lili!
xx Suzanne

jennyfreckles said...

Yes, rather spooky - glad I was with you two. I'm very much enjoying my rambles in Maine after a hard day's work.

Queenie said...

Your photos, which were always wonderful, are just getting better and better and better!

Suz said...

Looks like you had company on your walk. It's so beautiful where you live. I'm sure the hot chocolate was waiting for you when you got home. Always a pleasure to visit Maine through your eyes. Lovely photo's Lili. Keep warm! :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm glad you and Henri - and his spooky shadow, came along too - It was a nice sunset and nice spooky shadows.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Lili, That pic with Henri in it is sort of creepy . . gotta love your music . . Sandy:O)

Country Girl said...

Yeah, you had me going there. And I think that photo of Henri is pretty cool.

Unknown said...

Lili, spooky and beautiful too! your photos are always so transporting feels like i'm there with you! have a wonderful weekend my fried! hugs, susan

Lisa said...

Just Georgeous.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Dear Lili,

I love the photos and going on this spooky walk with you. Do you know how desperately I long for our Maine hikes, the clear skies, the stars, the cold....uh no, not the cold, I'll take all the other though. I miss hearing the sea's rhythm, which fills our lives so completely that when it is slack tide I look around to see what is going on.

Sending love, love,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

I need to walk. I'm a chub. Hard to lose the Christmas cookies, but I did garden for hours today.

Jeannie of Atlantic Beachlife said...

Very cool photos, indeed! I've been out of the loop for a while, but now I am back, in a new location, same domain, and am reconnecting with old blog pals like you! I shall return!

Unknown said...

Hi Lili! Spooky yes, but your beautiful pictures made it worth it!! :))

Hope you're having a great week!

Hugs ~

:) T

Yolanda said...

I love these photos. You live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Dear Lillie said...

Spooky yes, haha! But those photos are beautiful, too!

Cletis said...

The "eerie" photo of Henri is amazing. I would buy that photo. Also, love the dog photos farther down. I visited Maine once long ago. Beautiful, raw energy.

Best regards, Cletis from Ky.

Ange said...

Hmm - maybe I should've waited till tomorrow morning in broad daylight to read this, instead of this evening when I'm alone in the middle of the country. ARGHHHHHHH
Beautiful beachside though Lily. I still think of you often with my pieces of glass beside my bed
xxx