Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Palette of Luminous Blues


Seeing this kind of light reflecting in the water makes me long to be an artist.  



It's the kind of light that feeds an artist's obsession. 




It is easy to find little snippets of serenity to use as the subject of a beautiful painting.    

                                                  
      

 Pretty pink against a backdrop of blue is always lovely too.   




Even the blueberries are perfectly timed to reflect the light of August.  




There seems to be an endless supply of subject matter everywhere you look.  




But this one of the sailboat masts reflecting in the water is one of my personal favorites.  



I can imagine how beautiful it would look in brush strokes on canvas.  So tell me because I am curious, which one of these could you easily envision as a painting?

8 comments:

Country Girl said...

The last one. But it was a difficult choice. They are all so pretty!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hands down the last pic is absolutely stunning :O) Lili you definitely have a gift when it comes to photographs. Hope you are enjoying the beauty up your way. Always a blessing to visit your blog, so glad you are back in blogland :O) xo

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh - the blueberries, and the first picture, and the roses - such glorious color.

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Lili! It's so good to hear from you, sweetie!! I hope that you've been enjoying a wonderful summer in your fabulous state! Your photos are just stunning and truly reflect the incredible beauty where you live. :) Have a great week - and looking forward to seeing more pics soon!!!

xoxo laurie

Daryl said...

oh those berries are making my mouth water

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I LOVE every photo and every word. The reflections (both mental and visual), are fantastic, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your close-up of the blueberries. It just takes my breath away.

Sending love Downeast,

Sharon

Privet and Holly said...

The last one would be
my first choice ~ very
Monet, I think!

Hope you've enjoyed
the light all summer long.

The days are getting
shorter, already. Can't
even think about the
coming winter, yet!!!

xo Suzanne

Terra said...

First of all, I think your photos show you to be an artist. For a painting the first or last photos, with the sailboats and reflections on the water.