Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dentist Appt. And A Surprise Harvest

Henri and I always make our dental appointments back to back. Today I was first. Here's the view from one of the dental chairs. I wasn't in this one today, but I wanted you to see the chair I had my root canal in one time.


Henri waiting for his turn. He's next.




Now I get to sit and catch up on my favorite magazine while I'm waiting for him.


Back home I fixed us a healthy lunch. There's even one for our parrot Simon.



Except Simon didn't get the blackened salmon with his.



After lunch, we decided to do a little yard work since it was so warm out. High 40s.





We had a few downed trees from recent high winds. Henri gets out the chainsaw.





I went to my garden to survey what I could begin doing. That's when I found this surprise harvest of new red potatoes left from last season's garden. I guess they aren't really "new" anymore.




After I cleaned them up with my potato scrubber, these were the only ones that were still firm and had a good color.




Just enough to make a mini potato salad for tomorrow's lunch.



We like a lot of eggs on it. I got a little carried away with the paprika too.

7 comments:

Elenka said...

You know, even tho your post includes a (gulp) dentist in it, it still was somehow a very soothing story. Nice photos....you guys are very lucky.
Thanks for sharing.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Delightful!! (Well, except for the dentist visit) but the view was nice.

Low Tide High Style said...

Your yard is beautiful, what a view and you always make the most delicious looking meals!

Kat :)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Your life looks so sweet there . . and looks like you know how to cook, yummy!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

For a minute there, I could have sworn you were from the peninsula in Washington State. Then I remembered. The pictures are just beautiful, and you do eat healthily.

Ange said...

Lili, I count your blessings every time I come to your blog. My dentist is also a wonderful friend who prides himself on having the BEST of everything, including the most attractive surgery...Wait till I show him your view - He'll go GREEN ;-)

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

So many new wonderful posts since I have been here last..., well I am working on a post about YOU!

I always get carried away with paprika or rather cayenne pepper (almost the same color)! It looks so delicious..., and the pizza. I can't wait to make one next week. I cheat though and use Indian Naan bread.