Friday, January 15, 2010

Come Take A Walk With Us

It's just a short stroll today, but let us show you around a bit. Sorrento's year round population is less than 300, and is the smallest town in Hancock County. This is our town's Post Office, housed on the first level of a private residence, on the corner of Main and Waukeag.


Hello there, stack of granite on the corner of Waukeag and Bayview. You always make me smile.

On Bayview, we get a glimpse of the Church of the Redeemer and Bell Tower that is open for services only in the summer months of July and August. The parsonage, in the foreground, is purported to have a ghost. But not to worry, she's a former minister's wife.




It's kind of cloudy today, a nice day to notice this weather vane atop a summer cottage on Bayview near Ocean Avenue, without having to squint into the sun.



Oh look, here's another snow filled entrance to one of the summer cottages on Ocean Avenue. I'm glad you came along with us, it can be somewhat lonely here in the winter.




Oh, and here's Mr. Wren's private residence on Ocean Avenue. He likes being near the water year round.





I see we're starting to lose our daylight, we might as well head back.





Before we head back to the dock where we're parked, let's take a moment to enjoy the view of the mountains of Acadia National Park looking out across Frenchman's Bay.




See, I told you it was a short walk. Thanks for coming along! We enjoyed your company.

4 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Just beautiful, thanks for the tour!

Kat :)

Lisa said...

Very pretty.

I would think that if I was a minister's wife's ghost-I would want to be really scary. All that surpressed emotion. That's probably why she's hanging around.

But I don't believe in ghosts, they scare me.

Smiles,
Lisa

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Wow, I thought I lived in a beautiful place, you win!!! And thanks for the sweet note that you left for me and my little tater bug, I am afraid he has already stole my heart. This granny stuff is fun!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

And I thoroughly enjoyed it - and didn't get a bit cold. Thanks for the tour - next time might we try and find the ghost?