Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sea Decor

I forgot to post pictures of a project I did earlier this year using these 3 wooden letters. Normally I would have applied paint and mounted them on a piece of driftwood, but I decided to give them a layer of tiny treasures that I collected from the shore.




With just some glue and a little liquid gold leaf to enhance the sea urchins, I just began layering shells and sea glass all over the letters.






And then I added them to a frame that I painted over to make it easy to hang.




A romantic piece of art, laden with the sea.

6 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful piece of art - so representative of the sea.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, I love that!

Very pretty...

Smiles,
Lisa

Annabelle said...

This so beautiful. I'll have to try it with what I have collected from church finds and yard and thrift stores. Thanks for the inspiration.

Annabelle said...

This so beautiful. I'll have to try it with what I have collected from church finds and yard and thrift stores. Thanks for the inspiration.

Annabelle said...

This so beautiful. I'll have to try it with what I have collected from church finds and yard and thrift stores. Thanks for the inspiration.

Flotsam Friends said...

That is just fabulous. I've been sitting on the first letters of my son's names for years wondering what to do with them... This will be a great holiday project for us. Glad I've found you (through Maya of course). I'm your latest follower. Pruxxx