Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Birdhouse Covered In Seashells


Underneath all these seashells, is a plain wooden birdhouse I picked up for a mere 4 dollars. But of course, that's just between you and me and the lamppost, as my mother would say.







And you know, sometimes I forget to take a 'before' picture, but in this case, I did this long before I started my blog. But here is all I did. First, I applied a wash of pale green tinted paint over the entire surface.






Even then, I had a little pot of liquid gold leaf, that I seemed to have far better restraint with than I do today. How is it I forgot the 'less is more' adage?





I still remember thinking it was almost magical the way the shells seemed to nestle together as I began to apply them with my hot glue gun one after the other.




It's the type of little accessory that will go with most any decor.





Even still, every time I look at it, I swear I notice something new.



Pretty shells from the shore are sometimes so under appreciated, but this helped me realize they are truly remarkable treasures.


1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You do such wonderful things with shells. How nice that you have a good supply nearby.