Sunday, November 29, 2009

Periwinkle Topiary

My craft table is getting a good workout lately. It's a mess with pine needles, shells, glitter and glue, among other things. I'm glad to have this space to spread out and use things I already have on hand. Tonight I found a cone shaped form to use to make a topiary. The periwinkles are the tiny snail like shells that are plentiful all along the coast.



I started at the base of the form with the larger periwinkles, attaching them with my hot glue gun.


Continuing in upward circles, I saved the smaller ones for the top.



To complete, I added a shell topper and assembled the shell covered form into a small urn shaped vase with a piece of driftwood and some moss.


I added some glitter too.


Here are some closeups



And since it resembles a tiny tree, it will blend in well with all the other holiday decor.

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That is wonderful!!! Here the seashells are not so plentiful so it takes me a long time to get enough to do anything with. I am more apt to find projects for pine cones - we have lots of lovely ones and I gather pine, and other cones whenever I can.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh how fun is that!
sandy toe

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...ok...now i want one! xo, mickey