Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Fish

Before you get the wrong idea, I must tell you I really don't make it a habit to print up my Thanksgiving menu, but I've always loved the look of the Edwardian script font and thought it may give me a little inspiration while planning my Thanksgiving table.




Part of my planning is to build the menu around my serving pieces too, like this beautiful piece of pottery that will hold the lobster bisque. I found this several years ago at Alone Moose Gallery in Bar Harbor.






After reading somewhere recently that fish, perhaps even lobster, was served at the very first Thanksgiving back in 1621, I delighted in my already planned choice for this meal. My small round chart table only seats 4, so I had to come up with a table for 6 and the only option was to use my craft table which is a little rustic because I had painted the top aqua last year.







The scallop shells were added at the same time, and yes, of course it was me that highlighted them with a little gold leaf.





I also needed 2 more chairs to go with my white slipcovered set of 4. Here is one of my set of 2 chairs that once belonged to my Great Grandmother. They will be perfect to use at each end of the table.




I can't help but wonder if it was my Grandmother who painted over the wood, if so, seems things like that must run in the family.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, it will be lovely! I love the Edwardian script too, I used it on my wedding invites (which were toile-YOU will appreciate that!-it was my entire theme)

Smiles,
Lisa

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...truly a gorgeous font and i love that lobster pottery! the colors are great. you are just so darn talented! love the gilded seashells too! xoxo, mickey

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely menu - I think I'll write mine out too - just for fun. I like the idea of planning the meal around serving pieces. I am serving butternut squash soup for the first course - it is simply divine. We will do the traditional turkey as Don is allergic to seafood.