Monday, November 30, 2009

Henri Gets To Eat Cake

We have a tradition in our family that on your birthday you get to have your favorite cake. Henri's is a Boston Creme Pie, which takes me a little longer to prepare.



So finally, at 9:45 this evening he got to enjoy his very first bite of birthday cake.



But on the flip side, he has been enjoying one of his birthday presents for a few weeks now. I ordered it custom for him, from NicholasLandonJewelry as a surprise, but was so excited for him to wear it, I gave it to him the very day it came in the mail. It's a black pearl on a strand of leather with a sterling silver disc stamped with the name of our lobster boat.




He has worn it everyday since.




Happy Birthday to my dear husband, who for as long as I have known him, has been an incredibly patient man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dad!!! Looks like your cake was YUMMY :) Wish we were there to sing Happy Birhtday and give you lots of hugs and kisses!