Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hardiness

This time of year, it's very common to wake up to frost. In fact, more often than not, this is what I see out my kitchen window as I reach for the coffeepot.



And then I look down at our truck in the driveway, definitely frost.


Yet directly facing the truck, perched on the house between the garage doors, these pink petunias apparently didn't get the memo.



Meanwhile in the flower box, divided by a dead bed of impatiens, these purple petunias continue to bloom with wild abandon.


Note to self: Invest in Petunias.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a nice gift of color. Driving home from work this morning we noticed that it had a "winter look" to the landscape.
Kelly

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Most things in our yard are done now - and the leaves are filling every bit of space - no petunias left either.