Friday, November 13, 2009

Coastal Bread Basket

Today I started planning out a Thanksiving menu and going through items I had on hand that I could use to set my Thanksgiving table. I just love doing this!



I painted my basket a light shade of aqua and hot glued pretty white sea shells all along the rim.


I decided the shells looked a little too plain, so here's my fix.
Sometimes I get a bit carried away with gold leaf . . . but not today.
Anyway, I'm thinking I may serve rolls for Thanksgiving, but today I had this bread on hand to display in my basket.


Love the close ups.



Anyway, I think you get the idea.


Oh, maybe just one more picture.


My coastal bread basket. That I will fill with rolls.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Keep us updated with your coastal table for Thanksgiving. A nice twist.
Kelly

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely basket - anything coastal is so appealing. I am going to decoupage navigational charts of our area to the top of wooden tv trays and edge them in rope. I think I'll look up a basket for doing the shells too - I've collected a lot of seashells over the years and not done much with them.