Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Red Leaf Design

Seeing all this brilliant red foliage around here lately was giving me some ideas.


I had been knitting a felted purse in muted shades of green and gold and decided it could use a little punch of color.

I found a site where I could print out graph paper for free. Then, I began making random circles to represent a leaf pattern that I could use as a guide when I knitted the flap of my purse.

Here it is on my pre-felted piece.

And here's the finished piece, where I realized the red yarn I used was not 100% wool, as it did not felt. (And I'm not really sure what kind of tree would yield a leaf of this shape.)

But maybe with that leaf pile there, no one would have really noticed.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good project though - I like the colors.

Lisa said...

It's fire. Maybe burning leaves, who knows. Art is subjective.

Smiles,
Lisa