Friday, September 25, 2009

If I Had A Bakery By The Sea

I would be enchanted by


what I could find
just right outside my door



Like the perfect spot in my tiny village, where I took these photos yesterday,




that is for sale and has this view



It is the place known to locals as The Captain's House.




And if I lived there, I would have a bakery in the downstairs part






and in the autumn, I would make spice cakes in little ramekins,






just like I did yesterday in my kitchen where I live now.



And I would be sure to invite you in for coffee, and clever tea cakes in delicate and delightful shapes, as we laughed away our silly problems, and contentedly, looked out, to the sea.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh, i'd love a balsam pillow. it could remind me of my northern life in cold weather. michigan was a lovely place to live! and i want to eat whatever it is that you are baking!

Lisa said...

I would drive all the way down east to come to your bakery. I really would. Ayuh.

Smiles,
Lisa

twobusy said...

Oh, my goodness! Barnacles! How clever! I love them :D!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Gorgeous photos and I love the name of the house. Cute idea with the barnacles.
~ingrid

Yvonne said...

How did you make the barnacled frosting? it looks very refreshing