Saturday, July 25, 2009

What Can You Make With Lemon Balm?

Lemon Balm Shortbread


After 2 months of growing the lemon balm that my friend Diane gave me, I was able to harvest more than enough for this recipe.




Here is the recipe for the shortbread that I found over at My Messy Thrilling Life blogspot.








The recipe calls for the use of my wooden spoon which I happily use to stir the butter and sugar together until they make a grainy paste.







But unlike Brin, I did not happen to have homemade strawberry jam on hand, so I used Smuckers Orchard's Finest Northwoods Blueberry Preserves sandwiched between 2 layers of shortbread.





All ready for the oven.






Cooled, cut into shapes, dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with more blueberry preserves and here they are.

All ready for Sunday brunch with our friends tomorrow! Except, of course, the ones we had to test out after dinner this evening.

No comments: