Friday, April 30, 2010

It Was Like Paris In The Spring

Our 2 daughters surprised me one afternoon while we were visiting them last week. When Henri and I came back from an afternoon of fishing with a couple of the grandkids, this is what I saw sitting out on the kitchen table. They told me it was for an early Mother's Day celebration.










It was so gorgeous, I just wanted to keep looking at it. That's toile tissue in the gift bag.










Look what was inside the bag. Do they know me or what?
















And then I realized this gorgeous hatbox even had something in it too!








Yes, they most definitely know me! A gorgeous glass cake pedestal.






I didn't have to think twice about where they would go.







They are the crowning touch to our basement studio redo.




What a lucky Mom I am.

7 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Lili, How sweet of your daughters, what a nice surprise. They have such nice taste too. I love the tower, that cake pedestal is gorgeous, it looks like an "antique" piece, it's beautiful. My Mom has one like that in white. I bet it makes you feel very special . . good kids you got! Blessings, Sandy :O)

Low Tide High Style said...

Lili you are a lucky Mom, but I'm betting those daughters of yours consider themselves pretty darn lucky too as evidenced by the lovely gifts they gave you!

Kat :)

Vicki Boster said...

Lili - What a wonderful surprise! Love the treasures and they look fab in your new redo basement! Youare so lucky to have children that are so considerate. Enjoy your new little treasures!

vicki

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely, thoughtful gift. And indeed, they do know your taste well.

The arrangement is just perfect.

Privet and Holly said...

WELCOME HOME! I hope that your travels were full of wonderful memories ~ the BEST gifts. Isn't it gratifying when your children really, really, "get" YOU, the person, not just the mom? When they see something and think, "Oh, that's SO Mom!" I know that they must love you so much and be proud of all of your accomplishments, the biggest being how much you love THEM. Thanks for sharing your beautiful surprise! xx P&H

Gracefully Vintage said...

WOw, how Beautiful and so sweet.. It is nice when someone gets you exactly what is you-Love it, and what a great Thank You -you gave them by taking a pic of it.. Just Lovely- You raised great kids ..
Love the Blog-would love to see more pic's of your basement.
Karryann

Ange said...

Your daughters are gorgeous to do that for you. Guess you must've done lots of things right when they were at home with you!! Fabulous Fabulous gifts for a fabulous fabulous Mum I guess. Blessings to you Lili

A
xx