Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Little Bit of Spring

It was inevitable.  You must have known I would be back to post at some point.  Today inspiration hit me as I made myself busy in my tiny backyard greenhouse moving herbs around. In my mission to shed any trace of winter left inside, I tucked a few plants into this pretty wall container.   




While outside, I found just the crowning touch for a dessert I had made earlier as I scrambled to get something together to bring my Mother tomorrow.  A velvety purple viola I plucked from a few volunteer blossoms.  




You can find the dessert I made here on Pinterest called Lemonies (Lemon Brownies).  There is no chocolate involved, the name is simply a way of describing the consistency of these delectable squares.  (I just love brown eggs, don't you?)


Still life of violas and a lemon, with a bit of zest scattered about on my time worn wooden board.  




Henri has been busy too.  Here is a piece of his raku pottery fresh from yesterday's firing.  I am leaving it on my kitchen counter for the time being.



Two more of his pieces that I had fun arranging.  One in a metal stand.  The other propped up to show the beautiful raku lustre inside.


And did you notice the 'frog' protection right there?  I just love that Discover card commercial.  So silly. You can view it here.  Good to be back on here again.  Happy Spring and Happy Mother's Day!  And while I'm at it, Happy Birthday to our youngest daughter Angie who had a birthday today!  

15 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Welcome back, you've been missed! Happy Mother's Day to you and yours and I love Henri's beautiful pottery, and the other pieces as well!

xo Kat

Country Girl said...

There you are ~

That pottery is gorgeous. Everything is so late this year. Our dogwoods still have blooms on them and even the lilac still has good blooms. The azalea bush out front is still going strong too. Hope you're enjoying this wonderful weather. So good to see you posting again, Lili.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely spring post. The first picture, when I first saw it - looked like a quilted piece.Everything looks so pretty - love the new pottery.

I'm so glad to see you back here - you've been missed.

Heaven's Walk said...

Yay! So good to see you back in blogland, Lili! I've missed you! :) That lemon brownie sounds and looks sooo good! May have to try my hand when my next "Martha Stewart" moment strikes me. lol Henri's pottery is just soooo beautiful!!! Unique and something mystical about it. What a beautiful talent! Happy Mother's Day to you, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

Crown of Beauty said...

From your last post entitled Surviving Winter, to this one, A Little Bit of Spring, I waited a few weeks... and yes you are right, somehow I knew a Spring post was just about to come any time now. SO beautiful - the plants, the viola on top of the zesty lemon brownies, and the raku pottery... Henri made the ones you showed? They are beautiful indeed. Happy Spring, dear friend. I often wish we lived next door to each other! Oh, and Happy Birthday to your daughter Angie. My first born son also just had a birthday two days ago. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Unknown said...

Weeee the fun begins again. :) I would love to see the greenhouse.

Vicki Boster said...

Welcome back dear Lili- you have been missed!! Happy Mothers Day to you-- I hope you are having a wonderful weekend:)

Beautiful pottery-- omg-/ the colors are amazing! I just love the way the colors mingle--

The "brownies" look wonderful-- lemon is my favorite-/ save me a piece!

Sending you a big hug cause I've missed you so--
Vicki

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Lili, Hope all is well :O) So glad the weather is better . . . lemon brownies, oh my sounds so delic and looks beautiful with the purple viola. Loving Henri's pottery . . nice work :O) xo

FARRAGOZ Notebook ~ the how, what, where of hunting for & recreating the best patina said...

Hi Lili! So good to have you back and see you're enjoying warmer weather. Everything you've posted about here looks so lovely and fresh and gently touched by Lili!
Tania at FARRAGOZ

classesncamps said...

hey lilii! all photos are simply mind blowing...
things to do in chicago

Rain said...

Hello neighbor down the road-a-piece.....! Nice to see you back- I've been away from blogging also.... Love the photos! Happy spring! - black flies be damned!!!
Rain :)

Unknown said...

Lili, beautiful blog and pictures. Love the viola on the lemon brownie! It was so great to meet you and your granddaughters this week when Kate, Char, Ginny and I visited. We all thoroughly enjoyed our time with you, Ava and Grace (and Mackenzie too of course)! Have a beautiful summer and enjoy your family time.

Hannah Anderson said...

lovely post like a lovely spring...
really enjoyed reading this post...
Copy editing services

Susan Renee Lammers said...

Henri's pottery is beautiful and so are the photos of your creations. Thank you for sharing.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Just dropping by to say . . . Hope all is well with you and Henri and that you guys are enjoying this beautiful holiday season. Blessings, Sandy xo