I stitched a length of ribbon along all four sides to permanently adhere them to the fabric.
I just love how the distressed surface of this Terra cotta pot looks with the fabric.
It holds a lily of the valley that I will transplant outdoors after this year's last frost date here (around May 11!).
I had such good luck with my seed started zinnias last year, that when I came across this unique color I just couldn't pass it up. Perhaps a little dull compared to others, but I have in mind to cut some of these flowers to go in the room with my duvet cover.
Before we left on our trip I filled 2 biodegradable egg cartons with some seed starter discs, planted a lavender seed in each, watered them well and sat them covered in the refrigerator where (finger's crossed) they will sprout in about 6-8 weeks time. (Those are my basil sprouts in the foreground.)
Here's the finished duvet cover in our guest bedroom. I used the same ribbon at the top to secure the comforter inside.
Before leaving on our trip, I watched the video found here to learn the chain stitch that I used on all 9 of the embroidered squares.
And the really exciting part for me was that 2 of our 7 grand kids now know how to do this too! This is our 10 year old grandson Michael working on a peace sign. The other one that learned is our 8 year old granddaughter Grace. I had so much fun spending time with them doing this.
In between their trips going fishing with Grandpa that is.